Presidential Preference Primary
March 15, 2016
Official Summary Results
Official Precinct SOVC Results
Official Online Results
Our goal is to provide you, the public, with a friendly, informative, and useful website to help educate you about your right to vote, and the details of the electoral process.
The Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Office is located at 515 N Main Street, Suite 300, Gainesville, FL 32601. The office is on the third floor, and the main entrance is on the south side of the building.
The Supervisor of Elections is a Constitutional Officer and is elected countywide every four years, in the same year that presidential elections are held. The responsibilities are set forth in the Constitution and Laws of the State of Florida and salary is set by statute based on the population of the county. Florida Elections Laws are covered in Chapters 97 through 107
of the Florida Statutes.
Major duties of the Supervisor of Elections:
Documents and records available at the Elections Office:
- Administer county, state and federal elections
- Provide assistance and support for municipal elections
- Uphold the Election Laws of the State of Florida
- Registers eligible voters
- Provide for absentee and early voting
- Qualify candidates for office
- Recruit, hire and train poll workers
- Administer the provisions of the campaign reporting laws
- Acquire and equip polling places
- Provide voter outreach education and information
- Maintain election equipment and supplies
- Voter registration records and statistics
- Election Results
- Candidates and campaign finance reports
- Financial disclosure records of local officials
- Copies of applicable election laws
In addition to our official duties, the Supervisor of Elections will gladly provide speakers and information about the elections process to any interested classroom teachers or civic groups. Please call (352) 374-5252 to make arrangements.