Polling places are open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on August 18, 2020. Voters must vote in the polling place to which they are assigned. To find your polling place, use the Precinct Finder.
Voter Registration Deadline
The voter registration and party affiliation change deadline for the 2020 Primary Election is July 20, 2020.
Closed Primary Elections
Florida is a Closed Primary Election State. Only voters who are registered members of political parties may vote for respective party candidates or nominees for an office in a primary election, including a presidential preference primary election..
What's on the Ballot?
- Representative in Congress (District 3)
- State Representative (Districts 10, 20 and 21)
- Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller
- Property Appraiser
- Supervisor of Elections
- Tax Collector
- Alachua County Commission: Districts 1, 3 and 5
- Alachua County School Board: District 2 and 4
- Alachua County Judge: Group 4
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Court
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Public Defender
- Eighth Judicial Circuit State Attorney
- Precinct Committeemen and Committeewomen (Party Contests)
Visit the Vote-by-Mail page for more information.
To request a vote-by-mail (formerly "absentee") ballot:
To track your ballot:
Early voting will be held from Monday, August 3, through Saturday, August 15.
All locations will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Office (515 N. Main St., Suite 100, Gainesville)
- Tower Road Branch Library (3020 SW 75th St., Gainesville)
- Millhopper Branch Library (3145 NW 43rd St., Gainesville)
- Legacy Park Multipurpose Center (15400 Peggy Road, Alachua)
- Orange Heights Baptist Church (16700 NE SR 26, Hawthorne)
- J. Wayne Reitz Union (655 Reitz Union Drive, University of Florida Campus, Gainesville)
Voting at your polling place on Election Day is easy. Remember to bring picture and signature identification. For more information on the types of identification accepted at the polls, please click here. You can find which precinct you are assigned to vote at by looking at your Voter Information Card. Remember to check our website prior to an election in the event there are changes to a polling place location. Visit the Precinct Voting page for more information.
Sample ballots can be found by clicking here.
More information coming soon.
A list of candidate forums for this election can be found by clicking here.
Candidate qualifying information can be found by clicking here.
For submitted financial reports, click here.