Thomas "TJ" Pyche
Director of Communications and Outreach
- Members of the media are not allowed in the polling room except to vote, observe the set-up prior to the polls opening, or observe the polls closing after all voters have left.
- Election workers are instructed to decline interviews and refer members of the media to the Supervisor of Elections Office.
- If planning on conducting an exit poll, we recommend contacting us beforehand so we can better assist you and ensure poll workers are expecting you. To notify our office, call 352-374-5252.
- Individuals who contact us two business days prior to Election Day will receive an ID badge identifying them as an Exit Pollster.
- Exit Polling can occur within the 150-foot no solicitation zone as long as it is conducted in an area that does not interfere with voter access to the polling place (F.S. 102.031(4)(b)).
Tracking Turnout and Results
- Voter turnout will be on our website. Early voting and partial mail ballot returns will appear first.
- On election night, about 30 minutes after the polls close, the first preliminary results will be posted on our website. The initial report will include results for both ballots voted by mail and from Early Voting. All subsequent reports will include Election Day precinct results. A link to the Florida Election Watch will also be provided to follow statewide results.